Our high demand cake decorating classes are back!
Held in Killaloo, Co Derry / Londonderry
- Face to face classes will resume once permitted and with safety in mind. If you are interested please contact us to discuss.
Perfect for beginner sugarcraft artists, or for those who would like to learn how to make figures for their own cake toppers.
Learn to make one new, cute character each month in a small group, this is a fun and relaxing experience that everyone can enjoy. Crafts are associated with wellbeing and personal mental health.
There will be lots of tips and tricks, building on your skills month on month and increasing your confidence!
Our multi award winning sugarcraft artist, Geraldine will guide you throughout and give you lots of hint, tips and encouragement.
Classes are held in Killaloo, Co Derry/Londonderry, Cost is £25 per class, minimum enrolment is a term of 4 classes. Your first £25 secures your place. Or if you wish you can purchase your term for a one off payment of £100 in advance. All materials and light refreshments are included.
For more information, please visit our dedicated Cake Minds website.
You will learn how to…
- Create cute figures, including a dragon, rabbit, hedgehog and a giraffe!
- Make accessory decorations such as a tree stump, flower, glasses etc,
- Learn about different types of sugarpaste
- Colour paste
- Simple texturing techniques for boards and figures
- Create basic shapes for the body
- Create nose and eyes
- Fixing arms and legs
- Fixing the figures to a board
- Using wafer paper and simple shaping techniques
- Dusting and painting your figures.
- Using a variety of tools
- Learn the modelling techniques we use on a daily basis
- All materials, including sugarpaste, colours, glues, cake drums.
- Light refreshments
- Use of specialist tools
- A free online tutorial to help you prepare before your first class
- Membership to the Student Lounge Facebook Group run by teachers exclusively for students.
You will need to bring basic tools and general equipment, including, a non-stick sugarcraft board & rolling pin, cornflour duster, modelling tools and a craft knife. They don’t have to be expensive. We also keep a set of tools for student use while you build your kit, so please don’t let this deter you from enrolling.
Book your place today!
Places are limited for each class to ensure each student learns in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.