Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.mysugarfairy.com
We take safeguarding online privacy seriously. Please read the whole of this policy carefully as it sets out what information we may collect from you, how we may use it and your rights in respect of our use.
From time to time, we may need to change our privacy statement because of changes in our organisation, legislation or in our attempts to serve your needs better. We will use reasonable efforts to publish any changes to our privacy statement.
MySugarFairy Cakes is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out our regular business activities. We manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Any questions regarding our processing of personal data should be directed to us via email@example.com
We are guided by the following principles when processing data:
- We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; we will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it;
- We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required;
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as contacting you regarding your order, or from time to time with special offers or events.
- We will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within this policy, or with your prior consent;
- We will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and we will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure;
- Except otherwise stated, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
The information we may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
- Personal details – (name, telephone, email)
- Family details – (recipient name and age)
- Financial details (payment processing only not stored)
- Photographs – (personalised cake & topper production) – temporary
- Student registration – (address, emergency contact, dob).
- Special data – (Allergies)
We will collect information from you when:
- You sign up to our newsletter or mailing list
- You download an opt-in
- You join a course or programme
- You contact us for information via our website or social media channels, by phone or email
- You post on our social media channels, website or blog
- You work with us in a commercial capacity
We may use the information collected to:
- Allow you to process a booking for a product or course
- Create a profile for you on our site
- Send you our newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Allow you to participate in the service you have chosen to do so
- Notify you about changes to our service
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact forms & Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you provide us with your email address it will be stored, along with your first name and surname, Allergy information, contact telephone number.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- For the performance of a contract
- For compliance with a legal obligation which we must perform
- To protect vital interests of your or another person
- It is in the public interest
- It is in the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
We collect data for the purposes set out above. Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons or minimised and retained.
We do not intentionally collect Special Category Data from you. When you provide certain information, such as allergies or religious celebrations, this may amount to Special Category Data and you will be asked to confirm your consent for us to hold that data when you complete our booking forms. Any health data collected from you has special protection and is limited to that permissible by law.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
We will make it as easy as we can for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you have signed up for, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking onto the unsubscribe link on the marketing email that was sent to you. It may take 24 hours for this to become effective.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY & FUTURE PROCESSING
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on our website at www.mysugarfairy.com/privacypolicy
We continually review our privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time. When it does an amended privacy notice will be placed on our website at www.mysugarfairy.com/privacypolicy
This privacy notice was published on 13/7/2019 and last updated on 12/10/20
If you are concerned about how we are collecting, using and/or sharing your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com
How we protect your data
Your data is password protected and any physical documents are stored in a locked cabinet. Data is kept uptodate and deleted/destroyed in a secure manner.
What data breach procedures we have in place.
Should a breach happen, you will be notified immediately this becomes known along with the content and extent of any breach.